Australia Day - how good is this?, page-45

1. 61,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 312

A future leader imo.biggrin.png

I’ve had my hands fullthis week, and will do so up until Australia Day.

Ruth is in Nashville,USA, visiting her family, and so I have Jonathan, Beatrice and Jemimah on myown for nine days.

In this job, I spend a lot of time away from Ruth and the kids. It’s tough on Ruth.

I thought I understood the challenge but I actually didn’t. Until now.

Three little peoplewill test you. I thought SAS selection was tough.

IMG_8908_%281%29.jpg?1705646186

It has been achallenge—and an even greater joy.

As I look after mykids, and rely on friends and community for small mercies, I feel a simplesense of gratitude.

For our friends who fed the kids while I did a live TV interview across the road.

Or our Halls Head neighbour who cooked chicken wraps for us last night, so I didn’t have to reach for the baked beans after a long day.

It reminds me of howspecial it is to raise a family in Australia.

How blessed we are withour security, our prosperity, our institutions, our community, and our naturalwonders.

Some people want to kill Australia Day, or make you feel bad about it.

Ignore them.

Join me in givingthanks for the good things we have here in Australia.

That’s what I’ll be celebrating with millions of Aussies next week.

Regards

esig_online.png?1677831680

Andrew Hastie
    www.andrewhastie.com.au

Together Under One Flag

I hope the Australiannational flag makes us all feel a sense of gratitude for this country and aresponsibility to preserve it.

That's why I serve in Parliament, and why we must work together under one flag to defend the things we love.

Screenshot_2023-10-17_155221.png?1697529230

To get your free bumper sticker, please sign upusing the link in the image above. Or send an email with your name and addressto [email protected]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.