LYC 2.74% $6.95 lynas rare earths limited

Australia Doesn't Want Malaysias Waste

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76

I cannot believe anyone would be surprised by this statement from Australia. If ore is processed in your country then the waste is yours Malaysia and the same applies to any country. Dr M already acknowledged this weeks ago. He also stated the Lynas would not be closed down.

There is a problem however in the Malaysian Ruling Coalition causing this standoff. The coalition is made up of distinctly different ideologies and the really interesting thing appears to be the lack of resolution among them. Many of the antagonists from the green/left have quietened down as the more moderate centre party seeks a solution. We now have clarification that together with Amanda and Lynas, the Australian government has become involved - and I have no doubt the Japanese are having input - hence the lack of any official transparency at this point.

I really see this present quiet impasse in a positive light (its been weeks now) - behind the scenes negotiations are taking place - not just Lynas on its own, but with the help of Aus. government.

To me, it is now looking likely a PDF for immediate waste and future waste - until Processing is up and running in Oz.

cheers Jake

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.95
Change
0.185(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $6.421B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $6.96 $6.66 $7.035M 1.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 8847 $6.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.95 461 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.46pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.