australia fails aborigines again

1. 47,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The inadequacies of Australia's Constitution have been exposed again. As a relatively fair & inclusive society we should already have replaced the current piece of crap with one that truly reflects our history, geography, multi-cultural diversity & aspirations.

Remaining subjugated to the British monarch under a fraudulent, colonial era document should revolt everyone who calls Australia 'home'.

My heart goes out to Aborigines for whom our current flag is a constant reminder of the invasion that officially commenced on January 26, 1788.

To quote from Chris Barret's article from today's The Age online, in reference to a comment from Tony Mundine;

"... It takes a person with big balls to make a big stance like that. I've got his back, all day every day, because he's in the right. We want to be proud of a flag that we fly and the current Australian flag just doesn't sit well because of its dark history. ..."

http://www.theage.com.au/olympics/news-london-2012/i-take-my-hat-off-to-him-mundine-backs-hoopers-flag-stance-20120731-23bik.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.