australia fails aborigines again, page-52

1. 48,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    diligent

Re your post which included;
    "We are sick and tired of the endless whinging and whining of people who just sit on their backsides and do nothing to help themselves. ..."

I gather you speak for yourself since such judgemental statements certainly do not represent my point of view, even though I acknowledge significant issues within both aboriginal & non-aboriginal communities.

Alienation, violence, drunkenness & drug abuse are problems affecting all communities & IMO should be addressed that way - we should not be in the business of vilifying people!

Your post is itself a measure of the huge deficit non-aboriginal Australia has in understanding Aborigines. It almost states that the provision of welfare benefits to Aborigines is the root cause of problems besetting their communities.

In reality, the denial of welfare benefits based on race equates to racial discrimination & everything associated with it. Its disturbing that anyone would contemplate such actions.

Australia has to find a new way forward that engages Aborigines & which embeds their heritage in our future. To that end our Constitution & our flag are serious impediments. We need a non-partisan process to lay the foundation of a more mature, sovereign & directly accountable democracy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.