BOE 3.69% $5.62 boss energy ltd

DazzThe CSIRO only exists because of the largess of who is the...

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    Dazz
    The CSIRO only exists because of the largess of who is the Current federal government. Very very few members of any Australian parliament, State, or Shudder, have any post high school education in the sciences (political science is just faux). I have had some 'just for here' conversations with some senior CSIRO actual scientists - every one had a serious PhD. They are Told what to Plan, what to Cost, what to arse cover and it is all based on the ideology of the current Government. Tell it how it is, and bang, you are out the door. Reference: Professor Ian Plimer and how he was pole axed because he dared, Dared, to give a differing opinion on his subject. Check his CV.
    If anyone varies on the message = Plan to Get Re-elected, funding for their research is cut; or a metaphorical a bullet is delivered. Sadly, both parties are the same, what will please the electorate is the only reference point.
    The current rabble in power in Canberra has a key theme - It Is Far Far Too Expensive. In that very simplistic assertion, they may have created one of the great wedges in politics, and it will jam them. How can nuclear power be too expensive in Australia, when our economy is about the 14th largest in the World, yet Slovenia, ranked about the 80th largest economy in the World, has had very economic nuclear power for quite a few years? How?
    All In Sustainable Costs are glossed over.
    My speculation: if CSIRO were a completely independent entity, with funding guaranteed, I dare to suggest their message might crush a few careers in Canberra. And the actually governing of Australia would be quite different; it would be governing in the best interest of the whole of Australia and not just in the self-interest of being re-elected.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.62
Change
0.200(3.69%)
Mkt cap ! $2.296B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.50 $5.64 $5.50 $14.63M 2.621M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8944 $5.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.63 18475 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.63
  Change
0.200 ( 4.26 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.52 $5.64 $5.50 465958
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.