PDN 0.67% $13.55 paladin energy ltd

Reading the report, and the assumptions that went into it, looks...

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Reading the report, and the assumptions that went into it, looks little more than goal seeked data to drive a political driven outcome.

In light of that, to say those that put this report together are politically impartial is almost laughable. The CSIRO should have denied the request to do the report if this is the quality of the work they output.

I cannot for the life of me understand why energy policy has somehow morphed into a partisan issue in this country, beyond a cult like devotion to renewables that is maddening and is either intentionally dishonest about the entire costs and risks, or at best wilfully ignorant.

Nuclear will never happen in this country, but not because its a good emission free solution that provides safe, reliable baseload energy for over 70 years.

It wont happen because no project or investment can occur with the very realistic threat of the entire project being scrapped 3 years later at the next election. As a country we have swapped vision and long term planning for partisan 'gotcha' and a time horizon that only goes out to the next election.

I have solar, and am actively considering an EV, but renewables are not the sole solution for an advanced economy to rely on *exclusively*. If you haven't already, watching the interview with Tony Irwin that someone else posted before gives a good high level overview of just some of the issues with the CSIRO report.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.55
Change
0.090(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $4.044B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.49 $13.60 $13.38 $17.29M 1.282M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 23694 $13.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.55 3345 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.