PDN 1.68% $13.47 paladin energy ltd

Australia going nuclear?, page-66

1. 747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    No joke, you literally get banned from that site if you even ask a valid question about nuclear power in the mix with renewables. The entire renewables industry is for profit from the subsidies and will do anything to beat nuclear down. On that note, there's the new CSIRO report that somehow has put a cost on nuclear power in Australia without having actually got any quotes from industry, so I'm not sure what value it adds. I will be interested to see all the assumptions made by CSIRO, including what lifetime they base large power plants on in comparison to renewables, and what amount of storage with renewables that the renewables are costed on. One thing is certain, the work by CSIRO is specifically targeted in order to push the public away from asking for nuclear. Given their last report on energy and carbon limits, omitted nuclear power based on the political state of play of it, it is very inconsistent to then months later publishing a report damning the cost of it. I am doubtful that the CSIRO has bothered to look at the long range costs of reducing carbon emissions in our electricity grid to zero in both worlds, with and without nuclear. It goes to show how serious the political spin is when the 100% renewables modelling by CSIRO includes requirement of gas peaking plants.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.47
Change
-0.230(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $4.020B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.62 $13.70 $13.42 $22.52M 1.655M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 32179 $13.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.50 5101 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.