australia importing low living standards

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    For older Australians, I'd say most would not have the faintest clue to what I'm going to go on about. However, the younger generations will probably have already felt the harsh realities of our new ways and how it affects their living standards.

For generations, our wages were set according to how we chose as a society to live - the standard we set was pretty much 1 family per household, or 2 to 3 paying individuals; anything above that would threaten what we perceive to be ideal. If accommodation costs rose too far for that standard of living to be upheld, then either a correction would occur, wages would rise or debt levels would increase. Over the years we've had our ups and downs, but the one thing that's remained constant has been our standard of living.

Enter the new paradigm that is not as coincidental as many would want you to believe. I'm talking about Australia importing immigrants with much lower standards of living, which will, and is, rubbing off onto the workforce to form a new way of living. The key difference is; lower wages can now be sustained due to acceptance of the new immigrants wishing to push living standards into very poor 3rd world like conditions.

Lower wages and higher rental incomes - who is the beneficiary here? Is it going to be your children: are they going to be willing and accepting to live with 8 or 10 others in a rental property, given the distortion in the wage/accommodation ratio? Or, are you going to be ticked off and whinge and whine because they won't leave your home?

We have adults now easily living off $500-600 per week working as cab drivers, etc, all made possible because they're ready to live as they did back home with numerous others to enable an out of pocket rent cost of below $100. This will and is rubbing off onto the rest of society - I'm 100% certain of it, where it will eventually force others to accept lower wages and a poorer standard of living.

Truck drivers are being pushed harder and harder! Why is that? Which drivers are accepting to compromise existing standards that have been implemented to protect you/us? This is not coincidental - this is extreme abuse of our rights to not live in squalor.

Listen to your subconscious - open you eyes and see what's been looking at you for quite a few years now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.