australia is dead, page-82

1. 1,336 Posts.
    "Like or not, significant immigration is necessary in Australia because we are not producing enough children to fund our retirement."

I think compulsory superannuation was introduced in Australia in about 1994 which means that any twenty year old working in 1994 will have been in the scheme their whole working life by 2041 (assuming they work for their whole working life 20 to 67.

I am guessing that those persons who started work before 1994 and who will not have been in the scheme their whole working lives will be dead and gone 2072. Therefore there will be no persons who have worked all their working lives eligible for a government pension by 2072.

Those who will be entitled to a government pension will be those who have NOT worked their whole working life and immigrants over the age of twenty.

My point here is that unless the government is predicting a large increase in those that do not work and immigration we are being conned when they tell us that we need immigration to fund retirement.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.