Hi DH Nobody in Greece paid taxes as they were all corrupt. I...

1. 25,632 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi DH

Nobody in Greece paid taxes as they were all corrupt.

I hear this sort of comment often but what is forgotten is that people only do what they have to do, no more no less
    So it is not the people who are having a free ride, it is not the people who have broken the back of Greece.

It is the greedy corrupt politicians and bureaucrats who have caused the problems and in this respect Australia is no different, no-one pays any more tax than they have to.

The bureaucracy in Australia is marginally different to Greece in that we have those little pen pushers grabbing every cent they can for the politicians to waste whereas in Greece their Bureaucrats just do not bother to enforce the laws

IMHO if Australia was not such a land of plenty, it would be in exactly the same economic situation as Greece in that we have far more natural riches to waste than Greece does but the same useless bureaucracy who have no ability to run the finances of any country

Look at bankrupt individuals and see that many of them have very high salaries but no ability to manage their finances

So stop blaming the people, they are but pawns in the system and although we wax on about the economics of a country we, the people have virtually no control of them so I am not going to take any blame for the gradual dismembering of Australia's riches

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.