Australia is NOT a racist nation, page-4

1. 42,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I admire your direct style Dex. I don't agree on all points but certainly agree with the plain fairness of your analysis.

what I disagree with is that it was Dutton's rejection of the request for bipartisanship and the consequential campaign over 6 MONTHS of misinformation that damaged the 70% support reported at the start of the campaign.

but I do get why people complain that Albanese led a lazy campaign. he was absent doing PM work for much of the time. moreover the Uluru people had asked that they do the campaign to inform as many Abiriginal people as they could find. and this is what they did over 6 month. they didn't see everybody, I'm sure (chaos moves people, it was an amateur org) and they certainly didn't convince every first Aussie to support the Voice. but it was their show.

the last 6 weeks, after months of advertising and the nightly disparagements by the No team, was a shambles Albanese had no chance to start a campaign after so many had been swayed by the relentless accusations. it had become a foregone conclusion.

treaties are being done in a few states and NT. for such to be effective treaty needs to be done at local council and state level. the Voice was supposed to aid development of treaty which is why SA govt legislated a Voice before doing treaty. once local and state treaties are done it will be time for a national treaty.

I suspect this isn't over yet. the coming election will likely see some of these issues raised. Albanese said he would only do what was promised. he hasn't kept to that, due to circumstances, but I see h9m trying to maintain as disciplined a govt as I've seen since Howard. notice no leaks? no indications of disunity?

anyway excellent post Dex. only imo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.