ASX 0.53% $64.16 asx limited

australia killing its economy by rates rises, page-15

1. 11,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    davidoz

I have been debating which of the PM's in my lifetime was the worst, and in my book Whitlam takes the top prize, with Howard still second. Whitlam increased federal govt expenditure by 23% in one or two years (can not recall just how quickly that happended). The scandals and problems were piled high, and he only had 3 years to achieve his mess. Whitlam has never accepted his responsibility for any of the problems, and has blamed others.

Howard took 11.8 years to stuff us. The last four Howard years were bad. However, who knows what Latham would have done to us, besides breaking our arms? I had more trust in Beazley, but again who knows.

We are unlikely to get good government with Rudd. He is captured by all sorts of interest groups and has his own agenda to hoist on us. His family benefited from the Howards IR laws and the "temp worker system", I understand his wife and he became multi-millionaires from this scam and he never said anything about it. It was Greg Combe and the union campaign that got us to focus on some of the devasting effect of these scam programs.

Painful as it may be a realy bad recession or even a depression may assist in getting some sanity back into this country and much less govt waste.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.16
Change
-0.340(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $12.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.35 $64.63 $63.79 $7.752M 120.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 108 $64.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.17 22 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.