I reckon there's probably a reasonable argument for allowing...

1. 86,002 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I reckon there's probably a reasonable argument for allowing China more time to get to some set environmental standards

if there is an urgent need to produce LOTS of engineering bits ------ for some great climatic happening - so that humans can urgently build new locations and shift things around

who might be able to do that mass mass mass production?

China? or places like Australia?

pretty obvious to me ------------- China has some skills and they are very good at them

the knock off industry shows us in clarity what the Chinese are very very good at -

ultra rapid development of systems and production lines to manufacture things - and when we are talking ultra rapid - we mean - ultra rapid.

In the past - the yanks have been very good at building stuff urgently when they needed to

I can't recall the exact times - but, yanks can do - they really can - in the past.

They've build airfields in 24 or 48 hours. They lost a major telephone exchange way back - and it would have taken normally a couple of years to build such a thing - they did it in a week or so
    don't hold me to the exactitude of the times - but, they are pretty close.

But, to give a new iphone or similar to a chinese knock of mob - and in 24 hours - they are producing thousands of the things ---------------- that's class, that's performance

and, they can do it in a range of qualities - from crap to top shelf -

that - is a skill.

I can see that kind of performance could well be necessary for the survival of much of humanity in the not too far future

if something like the AMOC does stall in a few years to a couple of decades - then, the amount of engineering that will be needed will be more than breath taking - we will not have words to describe it ------ IMO - it will leave the scale of industrialisation pre WW2 and during WW2 - in the dust in comparison

and China will be a huge part in that - IMO, it needs to be allowed to build up to that kind of potential scale.

maybe they'll control the world by then - but, to me - someone has to - I can't see them doing a worse job than the yanks have ---------- we shall see

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.