Australia needs a mature conversation on nuclear in 2024 and beyond

1. 55,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    We all know that Bowen's fanatical drive towards 100% renewables has no chance of success, but that doesn't stop the madman under Albanocchio's watch continuing along his failed mission.

As Dutton says, the time is long overdue for a mature discussion and investigation into the suitability and adaption of nuclear power for Australia as part of the suite of energy providers.

One step at a time.

Peter Dutton calls for government to engage in‘mature conversation’ on nuclear energy

PeterDutton calls for government to engage in ‘mature conversation’ on nuclearenergy (msn.com)View on Watch

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton says heis a “strong supporter” of renewable energy and has called for the governmentto engage in a “mature conversation” about having nuclear energy in the system.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6136/6136416-363cf4d6470503e8d6ffd4e617dfae06.jpg

Peter Dutton callsfor government to engage in ‘mature conversation’ on nuclear energy© Providedby Sky News Australia

Mr Dutton said nuclear energy is zero emissions, it’s the “latesttechnology” and it is "adopted by 19 of the G20 countries”.

“Australia is the only one of the 20 biggest economies in the world notto have nuclear or not to have signed up to having nuclear in their system tofirm up renewables,” Mr Dutton said.

“I’m a very strong supporter ofrenewables but they can’t work 24/7, I want to believe that the battery canlast longer than two hours.

“We need to have a proper, mature conversation, I believe that we canhave greener energy, more secure and more reliable energy and we can havecheaper electricity if we have nuclear in the mix.

“The government can’t get its way to its international commitments ofnet zero by 2050 without having the latest generation zero-emissions nuclearpower in the mix.

“That’s just a hard scientific fact and so we’ll continue to thisdebate.

“Under Labor, your power bills are going to continue to go up and thereis a greater likelihood that we’ll continue to see blackouts and brownouts.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.