I think it's time that we had a Debits Tax instead of the...

1. 11,084 Posts.
    I think it's time that we had a Debits Tax instead of the inneficient system that's been in place for a long time.
    If we had a Debit Tax that would only require say a 1% tax for any financial deposits, if there was no need to make claims at the end of the financial year and not have so much paper work and bureaucracy, so one could just get on with being productive, I think this would be good for Australians.
    Unfortunately, this sport of thing probably wont be allowed to happen because it would remove the necessity for half the Taxation Dept. and 50% of accountants.

With what's going on around the world, pollution, overpopulation, climate change/cycles ??, emission trading schemes, here in Australia,- the various monopolies, oil companies charging what they like, banks doing the same, power companies, councils rates and charges, - I feel the average Australian needs a break and a fair go.

It may be possible then that if a Debits Tax at a low rate was plausible then the banks wouldn't have so much control over Australians prosperity and inability to compete with the rest of the world.

This is only my humble and possibly naive opinion.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.