@pete222; asserting that other posters have no insights into...

1. 46,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @pete222; asserting that other posters have no insights into what happens on the ground in policing, nursing, mental health and daily interactions with people is a huge mistake on your part.

As an example, I spent thirty-five years as a public school teacher / principal working closely with other frontline services including police, social welfare agencies, hospital staff and with mental health organisations! That was my working life!

Today; members of my family work in policing, nursing, mental health and in public school education. Only privacy issues prevent me from sharing a lot of firsthand information that most would find very deeply distressing - including the toll taken on those mentioned above.

But data is just that and denial of it is not a rational argument.

It's past time Australia stopped excluding from school curriculum the coverage of the massacres of Aboriginal Peoples throughout the Colonial Era, the embedding of discrimination against Aboriginal People in Australia's Colonial Ear Constitution aimed at denying their Land Rights and their very right to exist as people. It's past time we turned a blind eye to the ongoing problems of black deaths in custody and to the overtly racist crap Aboriginal Peoples cop day-in and day-out in public forums including shopping centres, private schools, sports fields and in Murdoch Mouthpieces.

If you find such realities confronting; it's time you took a deep breath, removed the blinkers and ear muffs and moved in circles beyond corporate board rooms and IPA offices infested by old reactionary males with shiny suit bottoms and extended your reading beyond the propaganda spewed out as news by Murdoch Mouthpieces.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.