You continue to give the impression you know my motives and so...

1. 17,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    You continue to give the impression you know my motives and so I'm only an armchair expert living the easy life in town.

I remember a week after completing my final year at school and to earn some cash went fruit picking.

It was well over 40 most days but that was ok. I did all the picking jobs for years and never complained but noticed the city workers rarely lasted more than the first two days.

Then I went to Roseworthy college for 4 years where
    every day someone got harassed, bullied or belted.

That was fine as the first couple who had a go at me didn't try again and I had a relatively easy run as a student.

But it was strange to see big and strong students did get
    bullied and it all boiled down to mental toughness.

One sudent in the year above me has a go at me on the first day and ended up having a couple of bad years at the hands of the new kids on the block.

In the bush it was footy on Saturday then that night it was drinking, car racing, chasing girls or fighting.

I never looked for fights but never ran either and came to be respected by my mates who were tough.

A good mate ended up in Yatla. He was a big streetfighter but said, always watch out for the little ones who will stab you from behind.

You aren't telling me anything.

Last edited by RedCedar: 08/03/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.