Australia plummets to 39th place for freedom of the press, page-8

1. 47,822 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @Bunn-Wackett; those slurs are at odds with reality:
    . I live, eat, sleep and breathe Australia's core values including a fair go and equal opportunity for all with democratic processes - as demonstrated by my posts on this forum.
    . This very thread is about alerting others to how our core values are being trashed - the article I referenced in the OP details how Australia's rating for freedom of the press has plummeted to just 39th place [shocking for a country that makes an artform out of berating others for violating freedom of the press].
    . Similarly; my opposition to militarisation, warmongering and bully-boy behaviour are apparent in what I post.
    . I've expressed my revulsion at Putin's invasion of Ukraine on many occasions and it remains my view that it's reprehensible. But so too is the manner in which countries which benefit from manufacturing weapons are pouring $Countless $Billions of those weapons into Ukraine; creating the situation wherein we're sliding towards a third world war as pacts assemble around the warring parties and the likes of North Korea openly declare full steam ahead with the production of nukes in response to perceived threats from 'The West'.
    . No-one is above criticism and that includes Victoria's emergency services which have been receiving massive injections of government support since the imposition of our fire services levy on property insurance aimed at avoiding situations such as those from the 2009 Bushfires and the 2019 fires in Eastern Victoria - wherein the CFA was overwhelmed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.