TZL 12.0% 2.8¢ tz limited

australia post tz lockers ads in papers, page-31

1. 824 Posts.
    Pile

The inference i have drawn from your post is that you think punters will buy a locker in the same way they get PO boxes. Am I right?

In my view the beauty of this system is the fact that the technology is communal. There is certainly scope for lockers in the foyer of many buildings in the CBD. The post and owners will quickly come to an arrangement, if this sort of deployment is a goer.

For me the limitation on CBD delivery is the fact that the punter still has to get the purchase home. So in terms of large items, I see punters opting to have them placed in lockers closer to home. Maybe at post offices, coles express, or train stations (less likely due to security). CBD lockers will be for smaller or sly deliveries (eg the lingerie for the mistress).

Having experienced the frustration of a failed delivery of an Iphone 4S by TNT just yesterday, I see huge demand from both punters and logistics companies for this solution. Everyone knows the story, but it is a no brainer. The guy comes to the door (or doesnt), leaves a card, takes the item back to the depot and then I have to go to the airport (an hour away) the following day to pick it up. Oh yes, I could have waited another day or two for them to try again at my place, but then there is a chance of the whole circus repeating. The lockers will save massive expense for the logistics companies, simplify deliveries, reduce CO2 emissions, and make us punters so much happier.

Given TZ's link with the post office, I wonder if they should be encouraging the post office to see itself as the infrastructure supplier to everyone. That is, Aust Posts lockers could be the place where dhl, tnt, toll, et al go to leave undelivered items.

Developing a software solution that works across the industry may just be the key to differentiating TZ from the others. Bear tracks and Pitney, may just be the key to that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TZL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.