Australia should be "spat on"

1. 56,878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Palestinian leader "Australia (should be) spat on - we don't want to declare war, but....."
    Tuesday, 10 July 2018

From The Australian today
    Australia ‘worthy of being spat on’: Nabil Shaath condemns decision to cancel $10 million in aid

Senior Palestinian Authority official Nabil Shaath. Picture: AP

• The Australian
    • 12:46AM July 10, 2018
    A senior Palestinian Authority official has condemned a decision by the Australian government to cancel $10 million in aid, describing Australia as “worthy of being spat on” and “servants of the US”.
    Nabil Shaath, who advises PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas on foreign affairs and international relations, told a television station he had been “angered greatly” by the decision.
    “Australia’s decision about transferring $10 million angered me greatly. That’s all that Australia pays — $10 million that it pays to us, to the PA, through the international bank,” he said.
    “(Australia) said that it transferred (the aid) to the UN Children’s Fund, UNICEF, so that it would not serve the payment of the salaries of the (martyrs and prisoners’) families.
    “In other words, the truth is they are worthy of being spat on. You (Australians) are the servants of the US. No decision is made without Australia voting as the US votes — sometimes only these three vote: Israel, America and Australia …
    “We do not want to declare war on Australia. But it cannot be, in other words, sometimes there is insolence that is impossible (to accept). I don’t want your $10 million. I don’t want to chase after them.”
    More at The Australian
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...d/news-story/6222e9beff77591b7be4f464f7412318

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.