Lets just face it - atrocities happen on both sides in this...

1. 9,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17643
    Lets just face it - atrocities happen on both sides in this ongoing debacle. The problem here, like the aboriginal issues we have in Oz, is that the Palestinians are still playing the victim card and haven't moved on to better their own people IMO. Always someone else's fault, and I am positive people ain't going to like what I have just said. At some point you got to take responsibility for your own people and actions and move on.

Like where do you draw boundaries - over the past centuries countries have lost ground and won ground and yet many of those countries today don't live in the past as you see in the middle east. Rather than blogging, some of you need to go work in the Middle East to see just how many live in the past (i.e. I spent time there in the early 1990s btw). And before you yabber about my aboriginal comment some of you also need to go work in regional Australia, i.e.the Kimberley/Pilbara region WA for example (it was a while since I did that but things appear to have got worse based on my own readings of late to when I was there) to see after Mabo, 1967 Referendum etc etc etc that it doesn't matter how much money you throw at an issue as long as those concerned do not want to move on (i.e. continue playing the victim card) then nothing will ever occur and the people living in the past we continue to live in poverty and (always blaming someone else) - my point is the cafe sipping latte set say 'lets do a. b and c' iand that will improve conditions and surprisingly it doesn't because the intended target either i.) don't want to help themselves IMO or ii.) are taken for a ride and by that I mean Mabo was a lawyers paradise and a paradise for some aboriginals but most got screwed over by teh white lawyer or their aboriginal rep who found that they liked money more than helping their own people IMO (yes I am saying it the way it is, like it or not but go spend some time in the middle east and in aboriginal centres in regional WA and it might open some of your eyes that the problem is not as simplistic as some here make it out to be. It is not that simple).

As I said atrocities in that Israel conflict have occured on both sides, including Hamas using children as human shield in the conflict. One thing not debated here is it is said by Israel that the Hamas 'terrorists' and weapons are often located in areas near to schools/hospitals hence the Israeli excuse when their missles hit the wrong target (their words not mine) - that claim I think needs to be tested as well because sometimes I get the feeling Israel does a bit of payback (as disgusting as the payback actually is) when Hamas does something within Israel itself, but there have been reports in teh past of children been used as shields. Refer:

For all the bull dust Peace Accords/Camp David/Oslo Peace Accord talkathon neither side will give ground and that will always be a problem. Just remember Israel has been in virtually 3 major wars since 1948 with Arab states (the one in 1948 itself, 1967, 1973) where it was attacked by Arab states following independence as they didn't believe Israel should exist, and obviously there has been a series of smaller battles such as the War in Lebanon (1982).

The fact of the matter is Jerusalem holds major points of interest for the Jewish Faith (Wailing Wall) and muslim religion (Dome of the Rock) so some of this is more about whose religion dominates the landscape btw and the hard nutters of both sides will remain locked in conflict forever and a day on that issue (but do some of you recall that peace accord that gave large slabs of the West Bank back to Arab States/Palestine and guess what the Arab States wanted more because they don't see a right for Israel to exist (so what would you do in their shoes). The irony for me is Jerusalem also holds some significant christian sites (the church their built for example on thespot where some believe Jesus was crucified - then there is Bethlehem which was handed over to to Palestine control under the Oslo Agreement (yet conflicts between Roma Catholics and other groups has been very minimal over the last couple hundred years there).

As to the thread title, if the money Australians are providing to Palestine is used for other purposes then it should stop and it would appear the Oz government in its decision is saying the money is not going to where it is intended (and I see no debate on this actual point in this thread as to whether it is true or false). I mean Oz are now giving the money to UNICEF so it goes to where it is intended, so it is not as iif the $10 million has not been given going forward. And the words of that Palestinian moron - well ungrateful prat is what I say - albeit Oz is not giving a lot of money btw here.

All IMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.