Hi Dave,I don't disagree with any of that.Your main issue seems...

1. 4,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi Dave,
    I don't disagree with any of that.
    Your main issue seems to be that we are selling off Australian land and assets in a cash grab. Probably true, so we could decide to change our laws to make it more difficult. Maybe not. It's something that I haven't focused on so much. Perhaps the following would explain why.

I've lived and worked in Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong and China in that order continuously for a total of 16 years. That's an interesting mix considering what's been hitting the news lately. The employer in the last three countries was a US multinational expanding their R&D and factories in Asia. To comply with Chinese law applying to our business all our customers had to be corporations outside China, which for us was the US and Europe. I could write a book on what I went through but to summarise I've come to feel very comfortable working with high functioning people in these cultures while still interfacing with the west. There was no sense of fear on any side. Everyone was fully focused on working together and getting the job done.

Upon coming back to Australia I could see how the cultural differences could put us at a competitive disadvantage and that our identity based political system (based around our culture) might make it difficult for us to make the necessary adjustments for what's coming. It might be hard to believe but I found myself feeling a little bit like an Asian arriving in a foreign country. So I tend to see these discussions from various angles. Bear with me lol.

Perhaps I'm just reminiscing smile.png so I'll leave it at that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.