From a fresh food perspective the greatest enticement with...

1. 151 Posts.
    From a fresh food perspective the greatest enticement with customers is showing that produce is locally grown/produced. Companies are bending backwards for this marketing gold. Supermarkets are spending millions to show that a lot of their produce is locally grown. 96% for fresh produce in Coles. (for e.g) So this is a reasonably good story... I personally would rather buy Garlic from Australia with no mercury in it opposed to Thailand Garlic (which through an importing rule can come into the country with traces of mercury.

Most of the time products like Spring Valley believe in themselves that there product will always be on shelves. These companies become slow to react to a very quick and changing market due to the three supermarket players. But if you don't show innovation and advertise and tap into your local market then you are going to go under.

Additionally WW, Coles and Aldi have managed to improve there branded products quality to match these companies. So companies like Spring Valley need to be ahead of the game. New product ideas etc... Using the excuse that your market is mature is a joke. Every line has some form of innovation available and it takes talented creative individuals to do this. (LIKE ME) lol.

IMO Farmers are the hardest people to please in the countr. (as being a son of farmers) Farmers always find/have something to complain about. When there is no rain, its too dry, costs go up, if it rains a lot, its too wet (cows get mastitis) I also believe a change in perception of fresh food is required. When you walk into a supermarket it doesn’t need to look all the same. A knock or tiny scratch shouldn’t make the product rejected in any way. But also I think Government needs to step in and really put in some controls that not necessarily (prevents competition) but rewards farmers for innovative ideas instead of 100 year old practices!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.