Australia will STOP making AstraZeneca vaccine, page-2

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    Queensland’s Chief Health Officer says “now is the time” for people younger than 60 to speak to their GP about getting the AstraZeneca vaccine if they can’t get a dose of Pfizer.

Jeannette Young has come under fire from interstate and federal authorities over her stance on the AstraZeneca vaccine, which she has said should not be used by anyone under 40 and only by those under 60 after speaking to their GP.

“I said I didn’t want 18-year-olds to have AstraZeneca, and I still don’t.”

That prompted a rebuke from her federal colleague, Deputy Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd, who said the current Queensland outbreak met the definition from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation of a “significant” outbreak and therefore the risk profile of offering the AstraZeneca vaccine had changed.

“ATAGI reaffirms previous advice that in a large outbreak, the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca are greater than the risk of rare side-effects for all age groups,” the organisation said in a statement.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ice-as-case-numbers-rise-20210803-p58fdz.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.