VYS 1.75% 29.0¢ vysarn limited

australian aluminum council warns of carbon ta

1. 3,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi all

Just found this some very good reading in it !!

The industry's council said that the Australian government?s carbon tax will hit the country?s aluminum business hard.

The Australian Aluminum council said that the carbon pricing plan will hit the industry harder than its overseas competition and will make Australian producers pay a higher carbon cost for several years.

Mr Miles Prosser ED of the Australian Aluminum Council said that ?This imposes a carbon cost on Australian aluminum producers of at least USD 60 per tonne of aluminum compared to only USD 8 per tonne in China. Australia?s carbon cost will rise every year of the scheme and over the next decade to more than USD 200 per tonne while in China it is not expected to get any higher than USD 60. The Government only wants you to look at the first year of the scheme. The initial costs are bad enough but we need to look at the huge cost increases that are being locked in for the future.?

He said that the Government has changed the policy so that the allocation of permits to industries such as aluminum may be lower in future years than under the CPRS. This means the total carbon cost to be paid by the aluminum industry will rise from approximately USD 120 million in the first year to approximately USD 400 million in 2020.
    That will have a huge impact on investment. Not only will Australia be discounted as a site for new facilities but existing operations will find it hard to attract the capital needed to maintain viability. If we lose that investment, it costs Australia but global greenhouse emissions do not reduce they are just shifted elsewhere.

Mr Prosser said that the Australian Aluminum Council had asked the Government to ensure that Australia?s carbon price increased no faster than its competitors but the Government?s policy does not do this. The Government is betting Australian jobs on the wild gamble that other countries will follow our policy. But we are asking the Government to maintain and grow those jobs while we pressure other countries to match Australia?s effort.

He said that this is putting jobs in Gladstone, Geelong, Hunter Valley, Portland, Tasmania and Western Australia on the line when no other country is exposing their industry to the same risks. We are keen to discuss details with the Government to get the right outcome for jobs in the aluminum industry, particularly in regional Australi

Now this part I like the best !!

This means the total carbon cost to be paid by the aluminum industry will rise from approximately USD 120 million in the first year to approximately USD 400 million in 2020.
    Not only will Australia be discounted as a site for new facilities but existing operations will find it hard to attract the capital needed to maintain viability.

but existing operations will find it hard to attract the capital needed to maintain viability.

Now what doe's that mean to our FUTURE (MHM) I wonder ??
    doe's it mean that companies here ( RIO Alcoa and others) will they all want our technology put into there plants I wonder ??

What about the rest of the WORLD WHEN and IF they have a carbon tax ?? will they all want our technology put into there plants to ??

JUST THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MOMENT WORLD WIDE !!

What doe's all that mean to us (MHM) I wonder ?? how much will our SP be then I wonder ?? also don't forget the growth that we (MHM) will have !!!

The Government is betting Australian jobs on the wild gamble that other countries will follow our policy.

Now I'm betting that Alcoa and SSC will have a lot of job's for people over there (US), in using our technology for there plant's, as well as being GREEN WE ALL KNOW WHO WANT'S TO BE GREEN BY 2015 !! DON'T WE ??

-------------------- ONE WORD ALCOA ----------------------

Now if we (APG) had the Government on our side where will the FUTURE LAY with our TECHNOLOGY I wonder ??

Sorry about the out bust but I have just finish 4 nights and have had a few beers tonight.

Also a good announcement out today it shows that we are moving forwards with the Cape Sorell and Hill 99 copper-lead-zinc prospect, who knows how far we (MHM) can go with both of them !!

But one thing I do know issssssss the future has not looked as good NOW then before this, so hold on for the ride of your LIFE !!

Good luck to all that hold MHM.
    The technology we have is out of this world and soon to be around this world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VYS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.005(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $120.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.5¢ 29.0¢ $34.96K 120.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 46219 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 152525 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VYS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.