STX 0.00% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

Luck101 That's not how I read it. I believe it is the short...

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313
    Luck101 That's not how I read it. I believe it is the short seller who has to register the short sale - not the lender.

From https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/markets/short-selling/requirements-for-disclosure-and-reporting-of-short-sales/

Short sale transaction reporting

Where a person (a seller) executes a short sale and relies on an existing securities lending arrangement to have a ‘presently exercisable and unconditional right to vest’ the products in the buyer at the time of the sale, the sale of the products is a covered short sale. Covered short selling is permitted under the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act). For a detailed overview of the short selling provisions of the Corporations Act, please see Regulatory Guide 196 Short selling (RG 196).Sellers and brokers who make a short sale on a licensed market may be required to comply with the short sale transaction reporting requirements.If a seller engages a broker to make a covered short sale on its behalf, the seller must report the particulars of the sale to the broker: s1020AB(3).A broker must not make a short sale on a licensed market on behalf of a seller unless, before making the sale, the broker has asked the seller whether the requested sale is a short sale and has recorded in writing the seller’s answer: s1020AE.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $572.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 19.5¢ $2.010M 9.921M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 870110 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 214182 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.