Australian AUKUS subs are no threat to the Chinese, page-15

1. 47,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    cheers moonie.... I agree with much of this and say further the economic boost will be a game changer for universities, SA and WA. and it will allow, eventually, the establishment of a radioactive materials recycling plant --- if they take this to the logical conclusion as promised by Albanese during the election with plans announced.

I have several reservations but in context of your post, the Chinese have been hemmed in by the US for decades and so they are fearful of the US. its caused them to see the western allied powers manoeuvre in unison to tighten a rope around them and choke off their ambitions for the global market. so necessarily the Chinese have been becoming increasingly bullish and defensive/aggressive.

we have created the problem, but Aus has been seen as a potential, always a potential, means of breaking through the blockade of China, thanks to Gough Whitlam as the first national leader to recognise them and allow trade. remember all the cheap shyte we bout Made in Taiwan back in the '60s? replaced by Made in China from the '80s with increasing depth of market penetration.

until over the last decades I, and I suppose many others, become pretty piffed at the loss of domestic clothing and manufactured goods.

and now we are joining in an increased security alliance with US/UK wdf..... if Abbott got into his shirt and twisted his nipples, he was pretty quiet about it, when Morrison got into his Mrs shirt and did the same he was ropable but he kept mum and started to punish us for his outrage..... but now we've done the worst thing of all and ensured the western bloc was complete.

they also remember with bitterness the opium wars with the sceptred isle

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.