Australian AUKUS subs are no threat to the Chinese, page-2

1. 47,822 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @moondoong; I agree that the submarines Albanese is signing Australian taxpayers up to will NOT be a threat to China - three older generation US clunkers may have a longer range than WW1 U-boats but that's just about it. Of course, there's more to it than that, much more - read on!

Now as someone who chooses to live abroad to avoid paying tax in Australia your lack of concern for the additional $368 Billion in $Debt that will have to be repaid by future Australian taxpayers is noted - akin to getting your cake after having already eaten it.

As to your expertise in being able to judge what difference three secondhand older generation US clunker submarines will make if we can get crews for them remains to be seen - the judgements from fair dinkum experts including High White and Paul Keating seem more plausible to me.

" Expert blasts AUKUS upside for America and Britain, as government pitches to neighbours "
    "... Professor Hugh White told The New Daily the $368-billion plan announced in San Diego on Tuesday is built on a “huge cascade of risks”, contingent benefits and American assumptions about Australia’s independence. ..."
    "... But Australian National University defence and strategic studies analyst Hugh White – the main author of the Howard government’s defence white paper and an adviser to Bob Hawke – said the proposal for Australia to build its own submarine with Britain defied commercial logic. ..."
    "... “Going the nuclear option, the way we are now doing, it does not give us the option of doing it; it compels us to do that.
    “America would not be providing us with the Virginia class unless it was actually sure we were committed to support the United States in a war with China,” Professor White said.
    “If that’s what Labor is telling the Americans or that is what Labor is allowing the Americans to assume, then I think that’s a conversation we need to have in Ausrtralia. I don’t think it’s a judgment we should leap to.”
    ..."

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/politics/2023/03/14/aukus-upside-for-us-britain/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.