australian bogans overseas, page-46

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    It's a cultural thing. Go to sg, korea, japan, there are far more well behaved, respectful people. People get drunk, cause trouble and are loud etc, but in general, nothign to the level of aussies, or some other western cultures (as outlined above - american, british, etc etc).

Really, if you consider the 'general' overall trend, the western society as a whole is to blame. Alcohol and partying are like a rite of way growing up here. ALcohols big in asia but somehow getting smashed drunk, ripping up your street and neighbours, and getting into fights isn't glorified and 'something to do'.

Sometimes I can't comprehend it given my heavier involvement with asia as a background, culture etc. But it is definitely a western thing.

I pray that it doesn't flow through to the asian countries for sometime, and in 2 generations it doesn't degrade further...

Friends have said to goto Bali, but from what I hear and imagine i refuse to go... even as cheap as it may be. Would rather go cheap, but more expensive to say KL.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.