HGV 0.00% 4.7¢ hygrovest limited

Australian Cannabis Sector

1. 20 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    My take on the cannabis sector in Australia is that any Aussie company looking to grow cannabis either for the local market of for export is wasting its time and its shareholders' funds. The market for medical cannabis in Australia is tiny and global players operating at scale are already importing product to our shores. Other than having "Australian Made" on the packaging, there is zero competitive advantage for such local players. Aussie companies with overseas operations are competing with the global players who operate at scale and have deeper pockets; we really need to look under the bonnet of such companies to see if they have the resources and/or intellectual property to withstand a sustained onslaught from the scale players. I have not seen any ASX-listed cannabis companies that have the capacity to do this. In terms of MMJ specifically, it is effectively an ETF with half of its market cap tied up in one investment (HVT); surely there are better options (e.g. buy HMMJ or go and invest directly and selectively in MMJ's public traded investments if you see upside in one or more of them).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.885M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $39.68K 801.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 39154 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 250001 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.23pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.7¢ 57899
Last updated 15.20pm 08/05/2024 ?
HGV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.