AUSTRALIAN education levels drop

1. 3,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    PISA: Australia tanks in global education rankings despite $20bn boost.

What an indictment of our society. I haven’t included the link, it is a new article in The Australian based on our really poor performance in education. Time to stop the rot and talk to most parents and old school teachers and they will tell you what the problem is. Schools devote much less time to traditional subjects such as maths and much more time to activism. Kids can’t add up, but can tell you how many genders there are, how bad climate change is ( but can’t tell you why) and how racist and bigoted Australians are. they can’t back up any of these arguments because they are bullied into believing.

Governments need to stop reviewing these results with academics as they are part of the problem. Talk to parents, kids, and school teachers who remember the days when Australia did well. And stop trying to indoctrinate our kids! Teach them, and if you have a sound argument they will come to the conclusion on their own accord with critical thinking.

these results should be a wake up call, but we all know they will get politicians, academics, and activists involved and they will say we don’t spend enough. I guarantee our spend per student will be at the top end of world standards.

I am passionate because I have kids in the system, they are doing well in these areas as my wife and I spend a lot of time teaching them, but I see what teachers are giving them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.