Hi, I've been quite vocal in private circles over the last two...

1. 4,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Hi, I've been quite vocal in private circles over the last two years about changes being made to abortion laws / rulings - as a 'watcher' of Greek Orthodox Christian alignment I'm very disappointed with recent decisions done in darkness. As at last nights session I would like to provide you the following detail (which you will not hear in the media - why?) ;

"Radicalabortion-to-birth bill progresses in SA

In alate-night session that lasted until around 1.20am, the SA upper house ofParliament voted in favour of the shocking abortion-to-birth bill.

Labor MLCClare Scriven and Liberal MLC Nicola Centofanti valiantly led the charge tolessen the potential harm of the bill, including putting amendments to:

• restrict the ease with which late-term abortions could be accessed;
    • preserve conscientious objection for medical professionals; and
    • ban sex-selection abortions

All ofthese and more were shot down, often after acrimonious debate.

The finalvote was 12 to 9 in favour of the bill, which now heads to the lower house inthe first week of February 2021."

There are also other numerous discussions occurring, notably around 'gender identity', a proposed bill where penalties for breaching such legislation are serious;

"individuals face up to 10 years’ jail, a fine of up to $198,264, or both. For organisations, the fine rises to a maximum of $991,320."

The Victorian Labor Govt. rushed the "Change and Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Bill" through the lower house of State Parliament; these debates are coming to SA.

"legislation would ban any“practice or conduct” towards a person even if undertaken with the person’s consent aimed at “changing or suppressing the sexual orientation or gender identity of the person”

"Ultimately, the bill is less about preventing the “suppression” of sexuality and gender identity than it is about suppressing churches. It will potentially make criminals of parents if they discuss, counsel or even pray with their own children on matters of sexuality or gender. This is abhorrent."

Just wanted to get this out there, this is not to advocate any particular political party or to advocate any religion, this is political - this WILL HAVE major ramifications in the Public (and eventually Private) schooling system ; the time to act on such matters is getting very thin !!

Peace.

NL.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.