PYC 0.00% 13.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

The new generation of probes and biomarkers is a very...

1. 315 Posts.
    The new generation of probes and biomarkers is a very significant development. Almost any phase of a biological process can be measured and quantified. This holds huge promise for personalised medicine across any disease state that manifests biomolecularly. (This might not be the solution to diagnosing an orthopedics condition, for example, unless it is due to some biomolecular process - but for cancer, metabolic disease, gene based disease, etc. - it is very useful).

In addition to using the technology to perform current screening programmes, the really exciting prospects for Phylomer based peptide probes and biomarkers is in a new class of phenotypic testing. This is a new class of product for Phylogica with vast potential. Clinically, it will be useful in:

(a) detection - e.g. identifying a cancer based on a specific antigen.
    (b) diagnosis - e.g. presence of mutated breast cancer
    type 1 and type 2 susceptibility proteins (BRCA1 and BRCA2)
    (c) prognosis - e.g. provide information for planning and choosing long term treatment options
    (d) prediction - outline the specifics of a cancer type to best select optimal treatments

I am not 100% sure, but I think the diagnostic testing technology falls under the FDA Medical Devices regime. This is much lighter weight than full drug development. This means that Phylogica could take this to the market directly (and at a reduced cost and time).

As others have pointed out ... this is a disruptive technology development.

With a market cap under $10m, this is simply a cruel joke. I am enjoying the ability to buy more, at reduced prices, against improved prospects!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $629.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $919.8K 7.025M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12715 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 276517 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.