Well , Im guessing Its Cranbourne , I have worked this corridor...

1. 3,791 Posts.
    Well , Im guessing Its Cranbourne , I have worked this corridor for many years , prior to the last year ..Spent 7 years selling one particular Estate , also built a beautiful house in there which unfortunately I sold in 2008 .

I agree with many of points " The Cook " raises . But this is all part of the problem no doubt , however infrastructure charges by all levels of government certainly add drastically to the price of a block of land which feeds into affordability issues , this is a fact , like it or not .

As far as selling pegged out land , this is how we do it in Victoria , land is all pre sold , no developer would bother doing it any other way , particularly in outter suburbs . The clients settle on " title release " when all is completed and then building can commence .

Your Stages of payment are 1 . Land Settlement ..then 5 progress payments at various points of construction , though to final inspection and C of O ( certificate of occupancy ) , this is how it works .VERY DIFFERENT in some other parts of Australia , this is how it works in Victoria , Ive been doing it like this for a long time .

I find few of the clients in Cranbourne work in the city , they are all employed in various parts of Melbourne , maybe 2% go to the city , of these most would catch the train . There is a combination Bus/ Train service , the bus is Government funded the bus meets every single train that arrives back in Cranbourne , have caught it my self and Its an outstanding service . The funding of the bus has been to attempt to delay the construction of the proposed Crabourne East station . ( no more permits issued for level crossings in Victoria ..has to be over or under Narre - Cranbourne road ..Big Money ) .

There will be three new shopping centres built , one about to start at The Hunt Club on Narre - Warren Cranbourne Road , a school is currently under construction in the same estate ( a p12 college ) prep to 12 . Its a short trip to Berwick , and roads have been upgraded to make the drive to Frankston direct and pleasant , Its takes about 12 minutes to Frankston beach .

Cranbourne has by the largest sporting complex in the Soth - East ( Casey Playing Fields ) , a brand new HUGE swimming complex is completed with gaint water slides .
    Linsell Boulevard is currently under construction which is now on the " 20 year road plan " this takes you directly though to Clyde road and will have traffic lights at the front on Narre Cranbourne Road .

The City of Casey has consistently been one of Victorias fastest-growing municipality over the past 15 years .It is Victorias most populous municipality - with 230,000 residents and 75,000 households . The population is expected to reach 350,000 by 2031 ..

All this is ...is the Cold hard facts . If you went there to enjoy a Rural style ( sit on Mayfield road and watch the weeds grow )..Yes ..thats all over / Its gone and It will never come back . Is it a Rat Race ? ..that decision lies with You , Its now a busy place , and will be growing a LOT more .

As for Germany ..thats their decision at 14% , but Im sure the land lords do okey ! lol . Id prefer my kids had multiple homes , but the Germans can do what they like ..As they would anyhow .

But ..this is why people build new houses In cranbourne , and for anyone intersted e-mail me ( not to make sales ..dont need ) and I will forward you the last list s from All of the Estates . Or if you want a tour ..I will show around ..you can see for yourself .

Much much money has been spent on Infrastructure , and more is commited ...

If you want to see real problems , take your mind to NSW , that is a different story !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.