Australian largest tax increases in history:, page-21

1. 84,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    oh I agree

but, if they didn't have a credit card - they wouldn't be doing it

this massive house price rise since the 1970's will take a long while to unwind, but unwind it will. It's difficult to say if it will be a long continual slide or if there will be major dips on the slide down

but happen it will -- the era is just so different and already we've seen massive historic records set -

so in an era where we are heading for mass unemployment - somewhere between now and the next ? 50 years or so - we have already had a period of the lowest interest rates in ?? I think it was 1500 years --------- that's notable for a prop up mechanism

one has to think - what's next?

the world has consumed far too much for a long time -------- I've been looking at houses from about the 15th century onwards ------- people have very much had houses that are way bigger than really needed --------- and now, that excess in use of materials and expenditure is to obnoxious levels -

as you say - shit 90 buck easter eggs. Just look in any womans wardrobe or any kitchen cupboard etc - all one sees is crap, and miles of it

the materialism and consumerism of today is just crazy -- that brings some huge issues in the future (and now) -

1. environmental damage - massive damage, for pitifully shallow reasons - like frivolousness of consumerism

2. economically - when the paid labour stops - and we go to 'basic' incomes, what happens to global business that's built on consumerism and materialistic lifestyles?

there's got to be the mother of all corrections -- unless that industrial force is diverted to something else - perhaps war and rebuilding

not a particularly nice recipe for harmony
    Last edited by pintohoo: 08/04/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.