It isn't the extremist views that concerns me. Regardless of...

1. 42,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    It isn't the extremist views that concerns me. Regardless of education, extreme views whether left or right is independent of educational background.

It is the majority silence of an issue that is the problem. Each time we get a terrorism incident, why must it fall to the PM of Oz to calm things down and accept that they have to be the blame? Why can't the religious leaders stand up and accept that the culture of blind sheep acceptance have to change?

The irony is that when we have these sort of incidents, the Islamic leaders will try to silence the problem away. However if anyone of authority speak out and encourage these leaders to be more proactive, it is automatically pounce upon to direct blame and effort away from them. Ditto the extreme left Hanon Young/Bent is conspicuously silent when repeats in their heartland.

How is Obummer's appeasing campaign at the start of his presidency when he gave that famous speech in ME panned out? Did it encourage progressive thinking by the Islamic world?

I did not bother reading a Wold bank report on this complex problem, not into academia. I test the pattern and it is consistent. I know the problem is simple, solution is complex but if religious leaders living in Western democracies remain passive and shift blame game, it doesn't solve anything. Flowers, candle and holding hands are just the band aid relief and we will continue this discussion as nauseum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.