Four times ..... Australia and the Australian Army is under fire...

1. 244 Posts.
    Four times .....

Australia and the Australian Army is under fire for its high rate of homicides and sexual assaults and so who gets appointed Australian of the Year, a former chief of an organization racked by sexual violence and rape claims. I've just looked and the Army under Morrison had a terrible record and probably added to the record sexual assault increase in Australia during that period see the Australian and ABC articles below:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...ne/closing-ranks/story-e6frg8h6-1226652079518
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-...ns-implicate-serving-defence-officers/5508982
    David Morrison seems an extremely inappropriate choice for Australian of the Year, especially given that Australia has been rocked by the high homicide and sexual assault rates being mentioned in the US presidential campaign see below,
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nificantly-after-australian-gun-control-laws/
    Does Australia need external intervention to get its homicide and violence against women under control? Perhaps the United Nations should intervene? Appointing David Morrison Australian of the Year appears odd? Who next? When Bilal Skaf gets out of prison, will he be appointed? Gordon Pell when he returns from the Vatican? What will be the next bizarre selection?

David Morrison's selection is an affront to the victims of this violence.
    David Morrison - Australia must change to suit Muslims. On Muslim problems with West, "that's OK".

Australian of the year David Morrison says:
    • We discriminate against Muslims so we must change.
    • Islam has problems with us "but that's OK".
    Morrison has found love with the luvvies. Thank God he won't be leading our warriors into battle, not that he ever did.
    David, you have lost your morality. Your judgement is gone. Retaining the love of the luvvies drives you. That's why you are so dangerous.
    We are at war with Islamists because of what you quaintly call "Issues within the Islamic community".
    Do you really think the Islamist community will solve the "issues" by themselves?
    If "that's OK", slip over to Syria and let them know will you?
    The rest of us will continue with the military strategy you can't be trusted with.

Australian of the Year David Morrison says religious discrimination is "without a doubt" alive and well, pointing to the Islamic community as the subject of particularly unfair commentary and calling for Australians to understand the challenges they face.​
    The morning after he received the top Australia Day award at a ceremony in Canberra for his work in striving for gender equality, the former Army chief told ABC News Breakfast that Australia should not allow discrimination of any kind.​
    "We hold people back in this country for the most peculiar of reasons — their gender or the god they believe in or the colour of their skin or sexual orientation," he said.​
    "It's not how we should progress."​
    Lieutenant General Morrison, who retired last year after 36 years with the Army, said the Islamic community in particular was facing significant challenges in Australia.​
    "Without doubt there has been a great focus on the Islamic community; a lot of the commentary I think has been very unfair," General Morrison said.​
    "I think we need to listen to the men and women of Islamic faith who are part of Australia's society.​
    "We need to understand the challenges they face.​
    "We need to see where the rest of Australia can work with them.​
    "And, of course, there are issues within the Islamic community that only they can solve, but that's OK."​
    ENDS - original ABC interview here
    "And, of course, there are issues within the Islamic community that only they can solve, but that's OK."

Further issues within the Islamic community
    Our Lady of Mercy Syriac Catholic Church Sydney hacked by ISIS, beheading video posted
    Child dressed as Jihadi beheads Teddy Bear.
    British henchmen of Jihadi John giggle watching beheading video
    "That's my boy", Sydney child holds up severed head
    The material makes me feel too ill to go on. That stuff makes me very sick, but something here is worse. You David. Anyone who could say "but that's OK" about this stuff is no Australian of the Year.
    ReportQuick reply

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.