australian parents …. restart australia , page-2

1. 82,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "… do your children

… sing the nation anthem at their school daily ?

… have an Australian Flag flying proudly over their school grounds ? "

Perhaps few have realised - but our flag is a strong memory of colonial days ---------------- not the best, in this day and age.

As for the anthem ---------------------?

Has anyone noticed that it isn't exactly the most powerful piece of evocative music around? In fact, to many, it is bloody awful.

Perhaps people would be a little more patriotic if we had some music that had power and class - not a boring droll thing that puts everyone to sleep 'before' the footie.

And flying a flag that constantly reminds us of Britain, rather than something that signifies a young dynamic growing nation ----------- well, the story speaks for itself, doesn't it.

I have absolutely no reason to want my children or grandchildren to be kneeling before a flag that symbolises one of the greatest periods of idiocy in human history - colonialism.

I have also no reason to be concerned if they don't get all teared up and joyful at the wailing sounds of people singing our nation anthem ---------- seriously - is that the best we could come up with?

Have a great day all

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.