Well, I shut down my small business today due to being unable to...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Well, I shut down my small business today due to being unable to get bridging loans to cope with a capacity issue with my supplier. When you consider my tax obligations and basic running costs for a one man operation (less flights and accommodation) is around 50% of income, it was always stacked against me. I'll walk away without posting much of a loss and being able to support my family over the past 5 years straight into a senior role with an ex-client. Conversely, In the past 5 years well over 300 farming families have had their farms re-possessed and sold to foreign interests without intervention by any of our elected governments, resulting in massive rates of suicide and poverty amongst a group of people that have contributed for their whole lives. In comparison, 6000 refugees have been re-settled in Australia per year over the same period at a cost of $700,000 per head (not including detention at $400,000 per year) with only 12% of these people ever likely to hold full time employment in their life time, based on statistics garnered in 2012 from the 2007 intake.

Yes, the left is screwing this country and the ABC is pert of the problem. If 0.5% of the budget for refugee re-settlement was re-allocated to primary producer debt relief, the level of foreign owned farmland could have been drastically reduced to around a third of what it is today.

My Mum was a refugee after the war (Dutch/Indonesian) and her family moved to a camp working on the Snowy River Hydro (2 years service mandatory) project after my grandfather worked with the US on restoration projects in Europe after the end of the war while my grandmother was imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp, being half Dutch and half Indonesian. He then came to Australia and was an engineer on some of our biggest mining and oil and gas infrastructure projects. Not bad for a wog and his nip wife as they were called. How it has got to where we are now is beyond me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.