Australian population - The biggest loser$ 2018 - 2019, page-84

1. 18,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    sensible posts from you and digglet. So easy isn’t it to look back with rose coloured glasses? But I know I grew older in an era that was less complex than today and a rather different set of social values and far more insulated from global matters.

The way to live happily is to work with whatever situation you are in and make the most of it. However, I do worry about those who have contributed fully to society to the best of their ability and yet through the flip of a coin (and that is what life sometimes is) have found themselves in difficult circumstances. I have less time for those who made active choices to seek personal freedom to follow their own desires at the expense of others - and I know some like that. I also have little time for those who think they know the answer to the world’s problems and criticise anyone who disagrees. And there are plenty of those around.

For my part I have seen many fine people of all ages. I actually have a lot of admiration for younger people who are often more awake than older generations and have a genuine and less self centred concern for others. I’m delighted to see them being socially active as it is through activism that social change occurs. My generation did it and then I think we fell asleep.

We sure haven’t made the lives of the younger generations easy though to some extent I think that was as much by inability to see consequences than sheer greed or foolishness. Each generation makes their own mistakes. However let’s hope that another awakening brings a change that is positive. For myself I’d prefer to see the emergence of a kinder more caring society but one where people recognise that we have mutual obligations

p

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.