EVT 0.93% $10.71 evt limited

Although state borders of Victoria and Queensland are pretty...

1. 10,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    Although state borders of Victoria and Queensland are pretty much fully reopening to NSW, many in business have learnt during the past year that video meetings are a satisfactory substitute for air travel and city hotel accommodation.

Confidence in travelling for leisure or business interstate has also been reduced by the three Labor Premiers in Victoria, Queensland and WA (plus the Liberal Premier in Tasmania, and to a lesser extent the one in SA) imposing/lifting/reimposing border restrictions at a moment's notice.

As a previous EVT holder, the company's biggest battle is convincing Australians they can have reassurance they won't be suddenly locked out of their own state.

Then there's the question as to how willing we are to go to cinemas, and the ongoing saga in Germany.

Historically I liked this company but the continuing irrational and highly political actions of these State Premiers (who have no regard for job losses in tourism and associated subsectors) suggests it's still too early to expect EVT to be on the revenue and net profit ascendancy chairlift. Let's hope for holders' sake it proves me wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.71
Change
-0.100(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $1.737B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.81 $10.90 $10.70 $1.569M 146.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 592 $10.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.75 252 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.