CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

australian stockbrokers - wake up!

1. 2,681 Posts.
    I think that it is time that we 700+ strong HC CCC investors started to put a few rockets up the Aussie brokers. In spite of trading Conti Coal script like there is no tomorrow, and partaking of generously discounted placements since July 2010 - none of the major Australian broking houses have managed to offer a (publicly available) research report on Conti Coal. I think there are a few recommendations floating around for so called "sophisticated investors", but none of substance have emerged for us retail investors. I don't expect any such reports to move the market, but it is a sad indictment on these apparently professional money managers, IMO.

Thanks to HC poster Downside, we know that among others, Patersons, DJs, Maccas, Ord Minnett, Shaws, Stonebridge (as well as UBS, HSBC, Morgan Stanley, RBS, & Goldman Sachs) have been buying & selling large volumes of CCC script. If you are a client of these organisations, I would urge you to contact your fine upstanding brokers, and politely but firmly enquire why they have been publicly neglecting CCC, while heavily trading it in private. They obviously see the value in the company, even if it is only for short term profits.

Apart from the July 14 2010 "Ground Zero" Diggers & Drillers recommendation, so far we have only had overseas reports: GMP Securities (Canada), Edison Investment Research (UK), OPLC (UK), and we are waiting on a US broker report, as well as the much anticipated Renaissance Capital report (their analyst is visiting Conti mine sites after the Mining Indaba this week).

Wake up Australian brokers. Don't disgrace your profession. Please write some reports on CCC. Conti Coal is probably the most liquid small-cap stock on the ASX, with over 10,000 shareholders on the register, and a very passionate following on HotCopper, Australia's premier stock discussion forum.

I know that HC mods disapprove of thumb solicitation - but if you feel as strongly as I do, and you would like those Aussie brokers who read HC to see this message, then you know what it takes to get noticed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.