KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Australian Story - Gunnings & Stehn, page-4

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    And more:

What else could this be classed as then ETHICAL investing?....Novogen have come from another space altogether having been playing with the big boys in the US all those years - and here was a little Aussie Professor and his assistant doing the hard yards - backed by charities - GK and Novogen must have been like Big Pharma to them...Professor Gunning from my own research has never owned shares in Novogen & Dr Stehn continues overseeing the development of the ATM's at Novogen.

I don't believe Professor Gunning is in it for the money - he receives $55,000 a year in directors fees from Novogen and that's it....years of working around children's cancer charities and seeing children dying would have an affect on your priorities..

I can't find any record of convertible notes or the like being offered to Gunning by Novogen/GK who claimed to have purchased the ATM technology around the 9th of October 2013.

9 October 2013, Sydney Australia: Novogen Limited (ASX:NRT) has acquired a novel drug technology that will be developed as a potentially major class of cancer drugs known as anti-tropomyosins (anti-Tms). Anti-Tm drugs will join the Company’s growing pipeline of super-benzopyran drugs, including Trilexium and related analogs.

Novogen had little cash back then but soon after on the 21st October 2013 GK announced:

21 October 2013
    Purchase of Convertible Security
    Novogen today announced that it has under the Convertible Securities
    Agreement referred to in its announcement of 4 July 2013, issued a second
    convertible security to its US based institutional investor. This will raise
    another $1 million to fund Novogen’s continued drug development program.
    The terms of the Convertible Securities Agreement remain unchanged.
    Dr Graham Kelly, Novogen CEO said. “We recently announced the acquisition
    of a second drug technology platform known as anti-tropomyosins. The funds
    raised through the issuance of this convertible security will be applied to the
    development of that drug platform.”

I would not be surprised if Gunning agreed for Novogen to take over the development of the ATM for next to nothing (if anything) up front - instead possibly agreeing that something like the drug needed to be developed in a certain timeframe with x amount of resources...

On the 26th November 2013 - Novogen files patents for the ATM technology...

On the 4th March 2014 - Professor Gunnings was appointed to the Novogen Board with Iain Ross

On the 21st November 2014 in a release on the first ATM drug -

Professor Peter Gunning, Non-Executive Director of Novogen, and inventor of the ATM drug technology,
    said, “The original impetus for the ATM drug technology was the need to find more effective and safer
    therapies for pediatric cancers. Walking through the cancer ward in a children's hospital is a powerful
    incentive to improve the health of children with cancer. To finally have the drug that we are confident of
    taking into the clinic brings this dream within sight.”
    ATM-3507 has been given the name Anisina, Turkish word for ‘in memory of’, in memory of the children
    whose deaths were the stimulus that led to the development of this technology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.