IMM 5.08% 31.0¢ immutep limited

Interesting, although it seems Prima is years ahead when it...

1. 24 Posts.
    Interesting, although it seems Prima is years ahead when it comes to the clinical trials. It's great to see a lot of progress being made by tackling the problem from different angles, provides a lot of hope for many cancer sufferers out there.

Has anyone on HotCopper looked into many of PRR's competitors?

Who I would be more concerned about at the moment is Immunovaccine (CVE: IMV) who use a similar yet unique technology (patented in the same regions as PRR) to vaccinate against breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
    If memory serves correctly I think we're ahead as far as clinical trial progress goes, so we will be first to the market, but we may be behind as far the technology itself goes - given that IMV's technology appears to rely on a much cheaper production base.

The biggest difference seems that PRR does a lot of work for the drug in the laboratory based on an individuals dendretic cells, whereas IMV has a pre-developed generic vaccine which attracts the relevant cells in the body to stimulate an immune system response to attack the tumors. Put simply, PRR uses the laboratory to train the cells then stimulate the immune response, IMV uses the human body to train the cells then stimulates the immune response.
    - The above is a very simplified explanation and may be flawed.
    - Either way, it won't hurt to keep an eye on IMV to see how their clinical trials go.

So who are the major competitors to PRR's cVac, I've only just really started exploring possible competitors and found IMV.. does any one on HC know who else is out there?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.0¢
Change
0.015(5.08%)
Mkt cap ! $450.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 35.0¢ 31.0¢ $2.508M 7.793M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 226373 30.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.0¢ 40135 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.