Australian Weather Forecasts

1. 1,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177

I found this link about weather patterns for Australia with a hope for rain the end of January and into February.

I thought that my friends down under might like to keep an eye on some forecasting here on HC. If such a link/Forum already exists, I am sorry, I missed it.

I AM NOT a climatologist, selling a service, or making anything by posting any information regarding weather for Australia or anywhere. I just thought that offering some hope for better weather might do some much needed good to your burned out psych. Please... it is offered in good faith with hopes of ending your firestorms with the assistance of Mother Nature.....and not politics. Start another forum for that. Thanks and best wishes from a yank. edski

https://www.bestweatherinc.com/climate/an-extinction-crisis-to-animals-from-australias-historical-fires-and-drought-changes-on-the-way/?doing_wp_cron=1578660593.4094009399414062500000&utm_source=Free+Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a1d9faed15-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_10_12_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3286c1aea0-a1d9faed15-74351179

One of the most important teleconnections that I look at to forecast weather for tropical commodities, is the Indian Dipole.

The index has been in the positive phase, again, also responsible for droughts and record heat in Australia. However, my long range weather forecast program CLIMATEPREDICT, shows how, historically, whenever there is extreme heat with a positive IOD and El Nino signal in the western Pacific, there tends to be a return to normal to above normal rainfall later in January and February in southern and eastern Australia. (emphases mine)

January of 1973 was one year with a positive Indian Dipole and an even stronger El Nino signal than we have today.

While only one case, in 1973 follow a hot month for Australia, the Indian Dipole weakened and it turned quite wet as CLIMATEPREDICT shows below for many similar cases. Again, the situation this year is much more dire than 1973 or any other year for that matter. I believe this severity is at least partly related to CLIMATE CHANGE and the warming oceans.

Depending on the Indian Dipole and if the western Pacific and weak El Nino signal weakens (as some models suggest), this will have major global impacts on many commodities in the months ahead from wheat to cocoa, coffee and sugar with potential positive impacts to production in 2020.

Jim Roemer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.