Where I am struggling with all of this is how to get to the...

1. 220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Where I am struggling with all of this is how to get to the endgame. IE it isn't an issue any more.
    Option 1: Vaccine.
    There are currently close to 4000 mutations already and growing. A couple of issues here
    a) The 'first' vaccine is only likely in 6 - 12 months.
    b) It will need to be consistently updated to meet the 3 or 4 most deadly / prevalent strains. Think the flue vaccine offered each year.

Option 2: Herd Immunity
    We all have to catch it for this to work (well upwards of 85% anyway). Therefore slowing rates of spread to the extreme is illogical due to the timeframe required. It would be an economic disaster.

I've read one suggestion of deliberate infection of females between 15 and 40 with no underlying conditions as a means of 'speeding up; herd immunity. The reasons given were
    a) Women tend to have better immunity systems than men in general
    b) Serious cases are very low in this demographic allowing more people to catch it without overrunning medical capacity.
    c) Most probably also passes the virus to children which have similar characteristics.

Please note. This is not my opinion just something I read. However I do believe something has to break soon one way or the other. More accurate and quicker testing regimes would also be very beneficial.

Cheers
    Dust

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.