Australias Greatest Scam, page-135

1. 15,491 Posts.
    I remember back in the early days of the net the trolls would be targetted with scrolling as payback. Then we had the pleasure of Rickrolling them. We could put a link to a fright site like "Praetorian Guard" or link them to and endless loop of crochet patterns. Sites like Brawlhall gave the cyberbrave a place to duke it out with their superior cunning.

It was only a matter of time before late adopters would discover political trolling. I can imagine the delight of giving up the old gramophone 78's and turning off the vacuum tube radio in favour of 30 yearold technology and the chance to game people you've never met or likely to meet while preaching to the already converted ...a kind of post purchase reinforcement.

I'd doubt political trolling ever converts anyone, but perhaps it galvanises those monosyllabic true believers who are curiously already rusted on to a political party. Those who think it is unconscionable to betray their own predisposition incase an invisible force will catch them out.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.