It is no different to any organizationEither they do what they...

1. 25,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    It is no different to any organization

Either they do what they are supposed to do or sack the management and get someone better qualified

As to what they are supposed to do - one thing they are supposed to report the ACTUAL news not make it up and not report their personal opinions, all they have to do is follow their charter

(1)The functions of the Corporation are:
    (a) to provide within Australia innovative and comprehensive broadcasting services of a high standard
    as part of the Australian broadcasting system consisting of national, commer
    cial and public sectors
    and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to provide:
    (i) broadcasting programs that contribute to a sense of national identity and inform and entertain,
    and reflect the cultural diversity of, the Australian community
    ; and
    (ii) broadcasting programs of an educational nature;
    (b) to transmit to countries outside Australia broadcasting programs of news, current affairs,
    entertainment and cultural enrichment that will:
    (i) encourage awareness of Australia and an i
    nternational understanding of Australian attitudes on
    world affairs; and
    (ii) enable Australian citizens living or travelling outside Australia to obtain information about
    Australian affairs and Australian attitudes on world affairs;

But the ABC is another of the Self Regulating Boards where they will not be controlled by any outside authority even the courts

AS a consequence it would appear that if they go off the rails, and IMHO appears that they have they can only be controlled by cutting off their money supply.

They are like the unions, the bureaucrats, the Politicians and a few other who are above the laws that the rest of us have to follow

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.