Australia's own subprime crisis brewing, page-2

1. Osi
    15,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    All true ..... which is why I only prefer companies (big or small) with diversified global revenue streams.

That said the so-called bubble has been unwilling to pop for many years ...... due to net immigration fired population growth. The very moment Turnbull tapers immigration to keep far right votes ..... the deck of cards will collapse IMHO.

$7000 average??? That's not taking into account global interest rate increments which will be passed onto local borrowers. I have absolutely not idea whether we are looking at a 1% or 3% increase over the next year or so. To some extent it depends on how long Trump holds his job because any material rise would send him into proper bankruptcy (not just Section 11).

On another tangent Trump expects Powell to follow Trump's lead on this. But will he? Powell generally follows "consensus" but Fed consensus may be light years from what Trump needs to stay solvent. What happens in this space is anyone's guess.

No investment or cash holding is safe in the current environment. If I take that as a given maybe I should focus entirely on recovery potential ..... one key question there being whether or not the recovery of a post crash Australian economy would lag global recovery BECAUSE OF THE DEBT BOMB. Unlike the US we can't just print our debts away.

cheers
    Last edited by Osi: 30/04/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.