australia's richest portfolio king

1. 177 Posts.
    I recently picked up a copy of this year’s BRW Rich List 200 magazine.

I was really looking forward to this year’s edition, in particular, reading about all of Australia’s self-made rental property multi-millionaires, and indeed billionaires, however I was left disappointed.

I searched high and low, desperately hoping to find an article describing how Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs started off from humble beginnings of buying one small rental property and built it up into a portfolio of thousands of houses. But not one mention.

I read the magazine cover to cover frantically searching for a symbolic rags-to-riches success story of the plumber who attended his first investment property seminar at age 25, then quit work and embarked on his rental property buying spree. Now he sits smug and smiling among the top echelon of Australia’s wealthy elite.

As the story would probably go, he always wanted to escape the rat-race and achieve ‘financial freedom’. He was going to do something different to the middle-class crowds, along with the other 50,000 who attended the same seminar or read the same get-rich book. Truly an inspiration to the masses reading the magazine, this genius had found the key to becoming rich and successful through the top-secret skill of buying multiple rental homes and praying every night for capital growth and an ample dose of pot luck, not to mention completely ignoring any of the doubters and non-believers along the way. After all, what do they know – they’re just tall-poppy cutters trying to bring him down. But either way, what a brilliant concept – and fellow rich-listers are left shaking their heads in disbelief. Packer, Lowy and Rinehart are not only gob-smacked that somehow they missed the boat, but are also said to be quivering in their boots as this property mogul rockets up the ranks.

Could someone please indicate which page I might such an article on?

Forgive me, because I’m a quick reader, so I may have missed it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.